Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Oops...

Today’s blog entry ran to the typical length for a Blind Confidential entry.  I posted it but, realizing that it had some font problems, I went to Blogger and deleted it.  I returned to MS Word, changed the font by selecting all and going to the font dialogue.  I then accidentally hit delete and, as I always do, I saved the document before using the Blogger button bar add-in for Word to post the item.  Thus, a very nice post about driving while blind and the insistence of the Chicago public school system that blind students pass driver’s education has been lost.

I haven’t the time to do a rewrite as I need to get on with my day.  Maybe I’ll try again at some point in the future.

Sorry about this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about that Chris!
I'm sure I would have enjoyed this, I have actually been involved in blind driving myself & presented "Blind people and the multi sensory experience of cars" at the First international bioptic driving conference in London 2003.
I was also involved in the development at Philips of in-car navigation systems in the early days and am generally interested in this subject.

Thats one downside of all this technology, one slip of the key, one hit of the wrong button & pow! It can all be gone in a second. Nothing in the non-computer world has quite the same vanish-risk factor as an computer file does.

So my sympathies, & just wanted to say I look forward to whatever you post & have enjoyed reading them all so far.

Leon Gilbert
Editor & Site Owner, http://www.vipnews.org.uk
Volunteer Reader, blindnews@blindprogramming.com
RSS News Feed Editor,
http://www.acbradio.org
Co-founder/webmaster, The Accessible Friends Network,
http://www.tafn.org.uk

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home